Female victim raped again by ‘rescuers’ in Papua New Guinea

Port Moresby: The National. A GIRL being raped by some thugs thought that a group of men who turned up would save her.
Instead, when the group of rapists fled, her “rescuers” also assaulted her.
The incident occurred at Papuan Compound in Lae, Papua New Guinea on Monday.
The traumatised girl, aged between 16 and 18, was sent to hospital for treatment.
She was at her home when a group of men armed with knives, broke in at about 4pm, metropolitan commander Supt Iven Lakatani said.
He said the men took her to a spot and took turns to rape the girl, who is from Kerowagi in Chimbu.
When a second group turned up, her attackers ran off but she was repeatedly raped again.
Lakatani advised girls and women to be more conscious of security.
He also said that parents should report to the police as soon as possible if their daughters had been abducted or gone missing.
“The police will only investigate when the victim and parents provide information,” he said.
Meanwhile, a police sergeant has been charged with raping a 16-year-old while two police personnel are accused of violence against women.
The sergeant, who is from Manus, is alleged to have raped the girl from Naparpar II village in Kokopo.
His appeal for bail was rejected by the court on Friday.
Supt Lakatani said a constable was charged with beating a woman who was either his wife or fiancée.
He was released on K100 bail.
“Earlier (on Monday), the court convicted another officer for violence against his wife,” he said and added that disciplinary action would also be taken against the offender.
Lakatani said the words “disciplinary force” indicated the obligations, responsibilities and code of conduct expected of police personnel.
He said there would be “zero tolerance” of officers who could not maintain discipline.
This also applies to public. Police will arrest men who commit violence against women.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Business Pacific


Sports News